Over time, the adhesive on diamond painting canvases may lose its stickiness, making it challenging to place the diamond drills accurately. However, you can restore the stickiness of your diamond painting canvas using the following method:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Diamond painting canvas with a non-sticky or less sticky surface
- Clear plastic wrap (cling film)
- An iron
- A protective sheet (parchment paper or silicone release paper)
- A towel or cloth
- Prepare Your Workspace:
- Ensure you have a clean and flat workspace to work on your diamond painting.
- Protect Your Diamond Drills:
- Before you begin, cover your completed or partially completed diamond painting with a clear plastic wrap (cling film). This will prevent any accidental damage to the drills.
- Heat the Iron:
- Plug in your iron and set it to a low to medium heat setting. Allow it to heat up.
- Cover the Canvas:
- Lay your diamond painting canvas face-down on your work surface so that the non-sticky side is facing up.
- Place a Protective Sheet:
- Place a protective sheet (parchment paper or silicone release paper) over the non-sticky side of the canvas. This will protect the canvas from direct contact with the iron.
- Iron the Canvas:
- Gently run the warm iron over the protective sheet in even, slow strokes. Apply light pressure to avoid damaging the canvas. Move the iron around the entire canvas surface, paying extra attention to areas that have lost stickiness.
- Check Stickiness:
- After ironing, carefully peel back a small section of the protective sheet to check the stickiness of the canvas. If it’s still not as sticky as you’d like, continue ironing.
- Repeat as Needed:
- If necessary, repeat the ironing process until the canvas regains its desired level of stickiness. Be patient and avoid overheating, as excessive heat can damage the canvas.
- Allow to Cool:
- Once you’re satisfied with the stickiness, remove the protective sheet and allow the canvas to cool completely.
- Resume Diamond Painting:
- Once the canvas has cooled, you can resume your diamond painting project, placing the drills onto the adhesive surface.
Restoring the stickiness of your diamond painting canvas with this method should make it easier to work on your project. Remember to protect your drills and work carefully to avoid any unwanted damage to the canvas.